Sunday, March 21, 2004

Weekend Update

Hobbled to work on Friday where everybody laughed at my pizza story. Left work early (which had nothing to do with everybody laughing but I just thought it was worth a mention) and went to dinner with my parents and my brother and his intended. Mental Note: Greek restaurants make you really unpopular if you eat ALL the tsatsiki AND the onions available. Vegged out on the couch in a haze of garlic for the rest of the evening.

Saturday: Spent loads of money on food. Remembered today that I am leaving for England in three days and am not going to have time to eat it all. Then I watched Donnie Darko which I highly recommend - it's weird and good. Good because it's weird? Maybe. It features somebody hallucinating a scary rabbit named Frank (boy, was I afraid of Frank):



Has a really convoluted plot (the film, not the rabbit) and I'd appreciate it if somebody else would watch the movie so I could discuss it. In the evening, Ulisch came over and we made Cosmopolitans:



Then we went out and discussed things that two women discuss when they're on their own: Shoes (of course). Among other things. Which was fun. Left me a little bit under the weather, though, which is why this might be not as coherent as it could be.

Today: Why is it that when I go to watch a football match it always ends up being really terrible? Might have to do with the protagonists. I caught myself having the blasphemous thought that being a fan of the OTHER LOCAL team would at least lead to watching an enjoyable match once in a while. Nuff said. It was that bad. Now I am back on the couch feeling tired. Tomorrow I have to go to a presentation where I am supposed to look "sleek, smart and stylish" as my boss put it. I am feeling like neither. Sometimes I wish I was more sleek, smart and stylish. Well, this, too, shall pass.

No comments: