Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Yesterday I was amazingly tired - I couldn't really sleep while in England. Neither did it work here. Maybe it's the summer time that's messing with my head. I wonder why I always wake up at 7:30 in the morning fresh as a daisy ON THE WEEKEND but am dead tired every morning when I have to go to work and have to hit the snooze button five times in a row.

So, how was my trip? It was fun. We went to a couple of museums, went shopping and I got a hat for the wedding. And a hat just so which is stripey blue and white. But I discovered that I have no interest in flowers whatsoever - my mom really likes flowers and kept on tallking about them. There's only so much one can say about flowers in my opinion.

And I ate a lot. English metabolism must be a lot different from ours - I felt myself ballooning up just looking at the food. Anyway, I bought some to bring with me. "Some" being a rather loose term - my suitcase weighed a mere 22.6 kg.

Now I'm back home and spring is upon us. I don't know whether that's good or bad. I wish I could say more but lately my head seems to be rather empty. At work I don't have a lot to do and try my best to concentrate but it feels really hard. Yesterday we had a really goodlooking guy apply to replace my pregnant colleague. He'll tell us if he wants to start with us tomorrow. I don't know whether that's good or bad either. Easy on the eyes for sure and seems nice as well but also really ambitious which means I'll not have anything to do in the future but teeny tiny little projects. Then again, I guess that'll be the case no matter who we hire.

I'm a little bit cranky, too - for the usual reasons which I vowed not to whine about anymore and because my jaw hurts for undisclosed reasons.

Anything else at the moment? I read Life of Pi which is quite good. Haven't gotten to finish Middlesex yet and feel sort of guilty because I have so many books to read and so little urge to read them. Middlesex I actually DO want to finish but I'm afraid I can't pay it the attention it deserves. Virgin Suicides is in line there as well but I'm gloomy anyway and would rather read something chipper. Life of Pi didn't quite qualify as "chipper". No, indeed it didn't.

Just watching Scrubs and the translation isn't really what it could be. I think I should go and have some English cheese now. Cheese is always good. Just like coffee.

No comments: