Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Finally. Blogger hasn't been working all day...of course, by now I have forgotten everything I wanted to say. Let me think.

First of all, I must say that one thing worse than sociology students who don't speak German is male sociology students. I don't know why but they all seem to be rather..how to phrase it delicately..stupid as hell. Hence, they take ages to fill out the questionnaire. I could look at them while they're doing it but looks are not their strong side either. They usually are pasty white (alcohol abuse??), wear some kind of glasses and look like they could be pushed over with a feather. Thick sweater of course is always an option. As today was too hot, though, many went for the tie-dye option. These people are walking clichés!!


Second, the kittens are warming up. When I came home from University today, expecting dejected sad little kittens left all by themselves I instead found two kittens trying to eat my palm tree (if looking a bit ashamed when caught in the act). They also like to get up at 6 a.m. We need to get them into the spirit of this here apartment.


And last: another bike rant. What is it with those bikes that have big-ass handlebars?? Do you know these? They look sort of like the bike has ears like an African elephant. But not only are they ugly, whenever I need a space to park my bike I can be sure that one of those monstrosities is sitting there preventing me from inserting my bike into the bicycle stand. Because, when God thought of bicycle stands and made man design them, he sure did not think bike handlebars would be wider than their riders' asses. What are they good for, anyway?? They look like a steering wheel, but is it comfortable to hold handlebars like that?? Next time, I'll bring a little saw and if I have to lift my bike one more time over handlebars like those, I am going to saw it into the correct shape for handlebars. *sigh* Of course, I'll lift my bike over and grind my teeth, but wouldn't it be nice?

No comments: