Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Kind of hard to type just now, a cat is collapsed on my lap after too much horseplay. (catplay??) I've been accepted as an honorary (albeit really big) kitten and it was decided I needed to be fought with. Disregarding the fact I have no claws and have a hard time biting back. The Other Cat is eating my laptop cables. And the Bonsai Tree. Poor little bonsai...


Bought a toaster oven today (for my brother's birthday). Thought I could strap it onto my bike. Ah well, the mistakes you make. But then I showed them that humans are far mor intelligent than monkeys and devised an elaborate method where I threaded the strap of my bag through the plastic bag containing the oven. Then slung it on my back and happily rode into the sunset. Figuratively speaking.


But alas, not for long, because of course, my contraption collapsed and hit the spokes of my bike repeatedly causing swerving motions and upset the other people on the street. While I was mentally making amends for the blog entries in which I chastised people with big-ass contraptions on their bikes, I stopped at a red light. Trying to push off when it turned green made me lose my shoe. In the middle of the intersection. I dropped oven and bike and looked back just when a bus drove over it. Luckily, the shoe was not hurt. Only my pride.

When I arrived home I was drenched in sweat. I always always swear I will never never buy heavy stuff when I only have my bike with me. But of course I do it every time. Impulsive shopper and all that.

No comments: