Monday, September 22, 2003

Just in time to turn in my paper I get sick. Hadn't been feeling really well a couple of days now and now it struck. Hope it will be finished soon, didn't really sleep much yesterday. Today was fun, though (the "having finished the paper" part, not the illness part). Stayed at home and played Ratchet & Clank on my Playstation. Actually, my roommate played and I watched. (Here, I am only the Watcher. If there's a walkthrough, I read it aloud and comment on the progress. Hence my nickname: the Brain. Not because of my intellectual prowess, sadly :)

Anyway. I am strange in that respect, because I really like watching somebody else play. I'd rather make smart comments about my roommate falling down somewhere than fall down myself. And fall down I would, because when it comes to videogames my hands seem to be all thumbs. Tried to play, too, but was exasperated when I fell off a moving platform about 100 times. I guess I just prefer to yell: "Not THAT weapon again!!! USE THE SUCKING GUN!!! THE SUCKING GUN!!! Noooooooooo....I told you, you should have used the sucking gun!! Not again...RUN, JUMP, JUUUUUUMP!" Ah, life is sweet.

(The sucking gun, by the way, sucks little enemies in and fires them at other enemies. Mwahaha. My favourite weapon.)

Hm. The picture I made yesterday is looking at me and confirms my belief I should never enter any workfield that remotely needs skills with Paint Shop or other programs of that ilk. Boy, boy, boy, I'm really bad at that. Ah, it's the thought that counts. Arts and Crafts. Not really my bag, baby. When I went to IKEA the other day they sold those wood dolls where you can move every single part to simulate human postures. I quite like those but to just keep them for decorative purpose seems rather pointless and everybody who's ever seen me draw something would laugh about the thought that I'd actually attempt to draw the doll. The poor thing would be lucky if I drew the correct amount of its arms and legs.

Oh, oh, oh...I just remembered that on top of all the good things happening (apart from the illness, again, but I can live with that as long as it doesn't take long), I have a fully functioning car radio as well. Thank you, Pet.

No comments: