Monday, January 19, 2004

So. What's up? The weekend was fun. U.'s 27th birthday par-tay. I went shopping for a present and decided on a wok. Then I thought I might like one for myself. And there were some on sale. While I stood pondering whether 59,99 was still too expensive (after all, how often do you use a wok?), a small chinese woman came and bought ALL THREE woks that were on sale. Duh. No wok for me, apparently.

Then we went to Sausalito's to celebrate. A couple of jumbo drinks later we left again. On the way home I discovered again that my taxi driver karma hasn't improved any. My last few drivers included

  • a completely drunk driver who fell asleep at every stoplight
  • a driver who yelled into the mobile phone he was holding in one hand while changing lanes rather quickly with the other
  • a stoned transvestite

I should have realized something was wrong with this one when we had gotten into the car and closed the doors - he was waiting and then said: "Is anyone else getting in?" Um - no. Luckily he switched into full fledged crazy mode only when we girls had left the taxi and only P. was left who would have been capable of defending himself. Apparently he started cursing about foreigners who should not enter our lovely country (being of foreign persuasion himself, that was rather weird...) and then switched over to cursing communists. OOOOOOK.

The jumbo drinks unfortunately had the side effect that my blood pressure plummeted and I spent the whole night rather nauseous trying to get some sleep. Which I couldn't. Hence, Sunday was rather a tired affair.

Today, not much...Currently I'm watching "El the Millionaire" which is rather boring. (Fake millionaire bachelor chooses between 12 golddigging women). Apart from the point where El (who seems rather nice but hid behind a tree when intelligence was distributed) tried on his shoe, said "it's too small" and then found paper inside. Or when he said that dating a real millionaire should be boring because he shows you "his car, his boat, his thing". Hehe. Infantile? Yeah, but I am easily amused. That and the fact that RTL2 apparently can't afford a real hairdresser and the women look like birds nested on their heads. Well, I must like it as I am already watching the second episode - RTL2 seems to have ceased all other programming.

And for those who are rather bored with my stories here's something to do for you:

Find the hidden kitty in this picture

No comments: