Friday, February 27, 2004

By dose is stuffy.

(...and my teeth are shiny...lalala) <-- I told you I was braindead. Frank Zappa has taken over.

But I have stuff to do and places to go and will ignore that I am sick and spread my bacteriae all around *cough, sniff*

On a more pleasant note: I bought a truckload of CDs. (Pleasant depending on my ears' viewpoint, not my wallet's) Yesterday I went CD shopping because I felt like looking at the things I wanted to buy (amazon is too virtual sometimes) - but I was sorely disappointed.

They didn't have most of the CDs I wanted and those they did have were WAY more expensive than at amazon. (WAY meaning more than four Euros in one case). So I caved in and this morning sent off my order to the Amazon Gods. Yes, I am paying some people's salary. All by myself. If you have bread on the table, Mr and Mrs Amazon, it's me who put it there! Anyway, maybe it's stupid to buy CDs, I never ever listen to CDs and I could get half of the CDs I ordered copied by somebody else. Then again, I tend to lose copied CDs instantly or use them as coasters - they never last long. I lost both my Coldplay CDs AND my Muse CD - and I loved those. I only have The Strokes left because I never listened to it. Don't like The Strokes for some reason. Maybe I'd need to listen to it for some time. But I always have to think about their video and I hated them on sight. Bleurgh. Same with the White Stripes. Go away with your White Stripes album. I'm not listening to it.

But back to the subjects of CDs: Open the case, look at the booklet, read the song titles, pop it into the player on "Intro scan" and I am all around happy. Then I put the CD into "Benno", my trusty IKEA CD storage thingy and I never touch it again. Sometimes I discover one missing and am peeved. Like my Best of U2. If you have it you better slip it back into its little case secretly because if I catch you doing it I'll rip your head off. Or something. And while you're at it, take back your Jewel CD, because I sure as hell don't need two of those.

Hmm...maybe I should look through all my CDs and sell those I don't want on amazon so my expenses are covered...good plan, my man. I'll do that on Sunday. So here's the plan for my weekend:

Friday. Eat Schnitzel. Then go out. Cough a lot.
Saturday. Check if still alive. Go have breakfast. Shop. Meet the online soccer people (maybe - haven't heard anything so far). Cough some more. Go to birthday party (maybe - haven't heard anything so far) Gee, why is it that people wait until the last second to tell you when and where they are meeting?
Sunday. Check again, if still alive. Lie in bed and wait for better times. Sort CDs and sell stuff on amazon. Sneeze AND cough at the same time. Good times.

No comments: