Wednesday, April 07, 2004

A murder of crows

I just chose this headline because I've always found it funny that lots of crows are called a "murder". Sinister things, those crows. Actually, I couldn't tell a crow apart from a raven if my life depended on it. Not very keen on birds, I am. Anyway, that wasn't the point.

The point is that I woke up this morning with a Counting Crows song stuck in my head: "Rain King"

I belong in the service of the queen
I belong anywhere but in between
She’s been dying, I’ve been drinking
And I am the rain king


due to the fact that I heard it yesterday on Scrubs but still turns the dial on "mood for the day" to "grey and rainy". (Which it is outside, as well. Coincidence? I don't think so) Plus, I woke up with a headache.

Arsenal lost, too, yesterday (and I am kind of partial to Arsenal since I watched "Fever Pitch". Shallow? Me? No way Jose!). That and I don't like people winning just because they had money to buy the best players. In that vein I was pleasantly surprised that Monaco (!) won against Real Madrid (!) From what I saw it looked like an exciting game, too - but usually the short recaps do look more exciting than the game in total.

No comments: