Sunday, April 04, 2004

Weekend Update

Maybe I should take up exciting hobbies. Parachuting or something. Then I'd have to tell something. As is, nothing much has been happening. On Friday I went to have pizza. Which is always good. Then I went to the sneak preview. Which is almost never good. In this case, we saw Taking Lives which turned out to be a rather lame serial killer movie, ripping off "Seven". With Angelina "Big Lips" Jolie as the Profiler with a capital P. You know, the kind who takes a look at the crime scene and knows that the killer was a lefthanded nun from Kentucky who did it with the candlestick in the library. That always annoys me to some extent. Especially when said profiler couldn't point to the murderer if he had "MURDERER" tattooed on his forehead. Which she couldn't. It was rather ridiculous. And the movie relied on "scare tactics", meaning they'd build up suspense and then a corpse/somebody would turn up "unexpectedly". Squeak!! Eek!! Scream...um...yeah right - mostly we laughed about everything. It DID catch the women in front and in back of me by surprise EVERY FREAKING TIME, though. Duh. Pierced my eardrums somewhat, that did. Is O.K. to watch if nothing's on TV on a rainy Sunday evening. Other than that - nah, not really.

Yesterday I bought a dress for my brother's wedding. Didn't improve my mood as I had to look at myself in a mirror all day. Why do shops have these bright lights in dressing rooms? One looks like a shapeless blob. Well, maybe not every"One", but I do. Plus, going through all those fashionable shops reminded me that I'm not in the least fashionable. Don't mind that much (especially in the light of today's trends - shudder) but I hate having salespeople look down on me because I'm wearing my baggy pants and my t-shirt.

In the evening I did nothing to improve my blobby figure: We all had Raclette. But at least we played exhausting dancing games afterwards. I'm contemplating buying a dancing mat for my PS II - I rather suck at that game, though. But it's fun AND healthy! Then I declined to go out - I am getting old and frumpy. Is frumpy the right word? No. But it sounds like I feel at times. And now I'm watching a Doris Day movie. I am becoming my own grandma. Great. But I like Doris Day movies.

Oh, and I've been listening to my Maroon 5 CD all day which I really like.

No comments: