Thursday, August 12, 2004

Stormy Weather

Outside and inside ... all gloom and doom and rain and thunder and chaos. Isn't there a song that's called "Stormy Weather"? *goes to google* Yep, by Billie Holiday. I'll amend it to fit time, place and space:

Don’t know why there’s no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather
Keeps rainin’ all the time
Life is bare, gloom and mis’ry everywhere
Stormy weather
Just can’t get my poorself together,
I’m weary all the time
So weary all the time
All I do is pray the lord above will let me walk in the sun once more.
Can’t go on, ev’ry thing I had is gone
Stormy weather
Keeps rainin’ all the time

Sort of like that. She was a depressed one, was she ever, that Billie Holiday. Dead, of course. Well, my mood doesn't quite fit that, it's more like twirling around aimlessly. Strange. I just wish it wouldn't.

No comments: