Thursday, November 28, 2002

I am feeling rather depressed today. Maybe it's just the lack of sleep but I have been feeling out of sorts for a couple of days now for reasons better left obscure. You can always tell that kind of mood by the fact that I am wearing my little mope-outfit consisting of a hooded sweater where I can peer out moodily from underneath the hood if I care to. Which I do a lot when moping. Not a pretty picture but hey, who cares.


Also, I am turning invisible, I think. Not only did a cashier not serve me at a register the other day, but she was actually calling another customer toward that same register and only noticed me when I was waving at her. Mind you, I was standing right IN FRONT of her. Plus, today the cops ignored me when I was riding my bike (lacking all required lights) past them across the zebracrossing onto the sidewalk on the wrong side of the street. What did they care. They were stopping cyclists with bikes lacking required lights. I, on the other hand, was only invisible. Nothing wrong with that.


Maybe I am supposed to be dead. I was supposed to die in ´97 but somehow cheated death... Now everybody thinks that I am dead which I am not and is really irritated by the fact that I am still walking and breathing and thus ignores me. The event horizon of fate is finally catching up. If you did not get that, you might want to read this novel (hey, it's on sale in the UK!!) which explains the concept in greater detail.


But maybe it's only the depression talking. Or the fact that I am depressed leads to me having the subconscious wish to be invisible which then in turn becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Ah, the wonders of a psychology major...


I will go now and read more stuff about reality TV shows, starring the only people with less point in their life than me. Sleep is for wussies.

No comments: