Wednesday, April 30, 2003

The only thing I can think of that I would want for my birthday is a peppermill. This needs to be co-ordinated, though, because if everybody gets me one, I can pave the roads in M with pepper. Peppermills are so damn expensive, though. But if you ask a salesperson they will tell you a lengthy story about the innards of said peppermills. These apparently crunch the peppercorns with blades sharpened by ancient wise monks in Tibet over thousands of years, a process that also involves secret rituals and blessings. While the monks come pretty cheap (thin little buggers, don't eat much) one has to take into account the price for the goats for the ritual. Plus, the little kids that carry the sharpened blades from the top of the world to the nether regions, clambering over the mountains, have recently formed an union and raised their asking price. So you see, actually, the price that YOU pay for the peppermill is just a fraction of what it's worth. You should be happy that the peppermill manufacturers out of the goodness of their hearts decided (at a great loss for themselves) to provide the market with an opportunity to sell these fine products. (Swiss people, mostly, those manufactureres, and whoever heard of the Swiss making a profit? Frolicking on the Alps, yodeling. That's what they do)


Can you tell that I don't really know what else to put on the list? I also have an amazon wishlist but don't go there, the evil amazonian website make you buy things that you don't really want to have. But books are always good. Oh, I've always wanted the second "Naked Chef" cookbook. And the "Naked Chef", but that's a different story.


I can't even really tell you what I don't want. I like presents. As long as you wrap it up nicely, I'll be totally happy with a rock. Maybe no puzzles. I still haven't done those I got for my last birthday.


I guess I'll have to think about it some more and I'll get back to you if anything else comes to mind.

No comments: