Saturday, March 29, 2003

Grr argh!!

Life would be much easier if I wasn't so dumb sometimes... Point in question: So I borrow Uli's bike to go home. When I cross the street in front of her house, I hear a small *clink* noise. I think to myself: "Drive over a bottle cap, I did". Then I go all the way home. Up the street, past the skinhead brawl, up the hill (which is really hard because for the life of me I cannot work the gear shift on Uli's bike properly), past various assortments of fine young criminals lurking about and finally over the cobblestones into our yard. Where I discover I lost the key to the bike's lock. Remember the noise? In front of Uli's house? Yep...

Back we go, over the cobblestones, past smirking young criminals, down the hill (which doesn't go fast since the gear shift on Uli's bike still eludes me), past the skinhead women trying to console the combattants, down the street and there the key lies. Oh well, at least I found it. On my way back, the skinhead brawl at least had been completely disbursed, but the people who had seen me drive by three times were now openly laughing. Ha! What are you doing lurking about this time of night anyway?? Have you no life?

Now I'm back home, my ears are completely frozen off, my thumbs are even sorer than in the morning (damn gear shifts of any kind) and I'm going to bed. Thank you for your kind attention to this rant.

No comments: