Friday, March 28, 2003

What is it with the phone? Yesterday night at 5 a.m. my mobile phone kept ringing and ringing until I picked it up. Then they hung up. Grrrr. In the morning I got woken up by my bank representative who wanted to talk to me about my portfolio. Yes, please call me as soon as your damn bank opens with that really important information. Grrrr. Had a meeting with him yesterday and he was really smarmy and looked kind of oily. Apparently had had a freak tanning accident, too. Have a distinct feeling that he was younger than me, but cannot prove it on ground of his looks. (I also had the feeling that he was trying to hit on me, but maybe that's just his way of dealing with female customers. Ick.)


Another thing. What is it with mattress businesses? I was talking about this with Ulisch yesterday and we agreed that stores that sell mattresses always look kind of seedy. Sort of like a used car dealership. They sport huge signs: EL CHEAPO MATTRESS!!!!! or some such but you know they are going to sell you the most expensive thing they have in stock and only the mattress that consists of one piece of wood wrapped in fabric will be affordable. This being my prejudiced feeling I went into one of those stores yesterday to inquire about mattress prices. And guess what? It was manned by a really disgusting salesperson who was a) really fat and sweaty and b) really drunk. Hmmmmm.


Watched my Grease DVD yesterday which was a lot of fun after all those years. Karaoke, baby, Karaoke! I don't know if Paul enjoyed the Karaoke part as I noticed him turning the volume up after the first few scenes. Yesterday also convinced me that while I enjoy them, car racing games are not really my special talent. I almost broke both of my thumbs trying to go through Monaco. Today they hurt like hell and I can hardly type. Ouch. I think the left one is developing a blister. Those damn hairpin turns. Oh, and I saw the cutest thing (apart from Paul wearing his afro wig which is always a pleasure to behold :)). It whistles.

No comments: