Sunday, April 13, 2003

While I was jogging today (yay me!) I started thinking. Happens to me a lot while I am jogging, not much else to do, I guess. And since I had just replied to a comment regarding John Irving, I thought about the following:


Books that made me cry

(While I usually cry at the drop of a hat, for example because of sad movies or sappy commercials, books rarely make me cry. So whenever one has managed to move me to tears it deserves a special place on a list somewhere in my heart.)


  • A Widow for One Year by John Irving (hence the thoughts)
  • The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman (kids' book, but nevermind)
  • Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (Hey, it's a classic)
  • The Wolf of Winter by Paula Volsky (I really don't know why. Got it from the library for cheap fantasy entertainment. It took me somewhat by surprise)
  • The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams (You think Watership Down is bad...boy, are you wrong. Couldn't even finish this for crying)

These are the ones that I can think of now off the top of my head. While I was looking for inspiration at amazon.de, I ordered some more books, of course. Thank you, amazon. Need to stop ordering books!!!


Other stuff


Was interviewed about my blog today. Maybe that'll attract more readers. Greater responsibility. Meaningful posts...nah. Maybe it'll increase the value of my blog. Because...I am on the market, baby! I am supposed to get 1000 free shares of my blog, if I ever do, I'll freely distribute them among you people, so you can co-own this thing. I actually co-own slashdot.org and theonion.com now. Boy, do I ever feel important :)

No comments: