Monday, April 07, 2003

Yesterday I went to a concert with my ex. So I'm devoting today's blog entry to those two things, starting with the concert.


a) Concert

It was German Hip Hop: Fettes Brot which is pretty damn good hip hop in its own right. And the concert was great, too. Pretty expensive, but good. It was in a strange location...in a theater, but that was only strange at the beginning, in the end it didn't really matter. What I really liked was that they did not just play their songs like on the CD but played variations. Especially the really famous ones..they sang them to a ska beat, to techno, to a different melody...and they pulled it off really well. They are a great live band in my opinion and I always enjoy their concerts (I liked the last one as well, even if that was just a "regular" concert).


b) Ex

Hadn't seen him for quite some time. It turned out to be a really nice evening because it reminded me of why I used to date him. When I think about our relationship in retrospect it sometimes seems to have been messed up, lots of fights, he behaved like an idiot, I behaved stupidly, stuff like that. And sometimes when I meet him (especially if he's in a bad mood), it's still like that. But yesterday was really nice. I always used to be able to talk to him about everything, and I still can. After the concert we went back to my place, had a beer and just talked and talked about things. It's good to think that we still remain friends, because I would have been really sad to lose him. Though I once read that when you're able to remain friends after a relationship, you weren't really in love to begin with. I am not quite sure, if that's true..I think I was then. And while I wouldn't take him back even if he wanted to, I still feel really comfortable with him. And that's just a nice feeling to have. For all the fun I make of him (behind his back and to his face :) he's still a really decent guy, even if things did not work out between us. We talked about that, too and it's quite interesting to hear what somebody liked and did not like about you.I think he's honest about that and it makes me able to view myself from somebody else's viewpoint - and while some parts are not really flattering, some parts are really nice and that made me feel good.

No comments: