Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Blogging is kind of strange..usually I go around thinking: I could put this on my blog..but as soon as I have access to a computer, everything is forgotten. Might be the heat. Bloody hot around here. Just came back from grocery shopping for my birthday. (Though "grocery" might be somewhat misleading as it mainly consisted of alcohol :) Lugging around crates of Beck's made me reconsider going to the gym tonight.


Salespeople at Saturn Suck - Shocking Surprise! (Not!)


I tried to connect my car radio again, but the connection cable for the antenna seems to have disappeared. I thought it might be the one cable hanging out that I could not identify and I needed an adapter. Went to Saturn and I have to tell you: I hate it when salespeople there are really condescending. Imagine the conversation:
Me: "I need an adapter for this cable. Might be the antenna."
Salesguy: "The antenna cable should look like this."
Me: "Well, this cable doesn't."
Him: "Yes, it probably does."
Me: "No, it doesn't. Maybe it's not the antenna cable then. What cable might it be then? It looks like this ."
Him: "A car radio does not have a cable like that. Only the antenna cable."
Me: "I did not see an antenna cable, maybe I missed it, but there IS this OTHER cable."
Him (calling out to another salesguy, snickering): "This lady has no antenna cable on her radio, ha, ha."
Me: "I'm not saying I have no antenna cable, but what the hell is this other cable for??"
Both sales guys: "No, missy, you are wrong, there IS no such cable on your radio. It's the antenna cable." (Steam coming out of my ears)

This went on for some time until through me persisting it wasn't the antenna cable we figured out it was the cable that had connected the CD changer. Phew. Still does not answer my question where that frigging antenna cable is. I rummaged around all the cables until sparks flew but there was none. Then found out that the other cable did not fit into the new radio as well but did not feel like going back into the store.

I hate being treated like that because I am a woman. I'm not overly sensitive but this has happened to me really often and it PISSES ME OFF! It takes such a long time, too, because they never listen to what you're saying (The Little Woman Is Yapping About Things She Don't Understand) and instead of telling you the things you asked about are saying things like: "This can play MP3 files. That's MUSIC OFF THE INTERNET!!!" When you tell them that you know MP3s and that it's not music off the internet but a compression standard and that this particular DVD player says MPEG2 which really is not the same thing their eyes glaze over and they say "This also comes in the colour SILVER!!! And its menu is REALLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND!!!" Well, yes, that might be but I asked you whether this device could be rendered code-free...

No comments: