Sunday, May 25, 2003

Watched the Grand Prix yesterday. Fun Facts:

  • Turkey won. Good thing, because if the Russian Idiot Girls had won they would have played that song over and over again and it hurt our eardrums. Nobody will care about the Turkish song and it will return into oblivion, where Eurovision songs belong.
  • Lou had had a botox injection and looked scary. Ended up on the "respectable 12th" place. In the old days, German singers who returned 12th would have been beaten to death by Ralf Siegel's henchmen. Those were the days.
  • The Irish song sounded like "Wings of love" and actually was written by the same guy. The Swedish people sounded like ABBA. No relations, though.
  • We rooted for the Austrian song (which was hilarious) and for the Estonians who astonishingly sounded like actual music. And I rooted secretly for the Ukrainian guy who was really trying. I think he got 5 pity points from Latvia. Hey, it was the Ukraine's first time.
  • Great Britain was the only nation with nil points. Politics aside, the song was just awful. Awful. Awful. Why is it so hard to find a couple of singers who can hold a note ... and the right note for that matter? This goes out to most of the other nations as well. The Romanian Pseude-Techno-Lady? I had to leave the room, her voice was so piercing. TootToot (Russian Idiot Girls)? Had to grind my teeth together to bear the pain.

But it was quite fun, we had scorecards and everything. Didn't guess right, though, we thought Sweden would be much better than it actually was.


Now I have to go to work - yes, that's right, on a Sunday - and I don't really feel like it. Haven't slept well (I am starting to think it might be related to my low blood pressure) and my foot with the glass splinter in it is starting to hurt. Damn, I thought it would just come out somehow but I guess I need to go and have it cut out. Yecch. Too much information? I am really sorry :)

No comments: