Thursday, June 12, 2003

Just waiting for my brother to come and install my car radio. Disclaimer to the tune of "Independent Woman": I am perfectly capable of doing it myself, but I didn't want to go through the hassle at the radio store again. So I sent him :)


Why is it that fitness studios have such aggressive marketing techniques and sleazy salesguys? The last studio I went to also had this smarmy manager and I felt greasy days after I talked to him. And the reason I enrolled in my current studio was the decided lack of smarminess in the staff. Why am I asking this? Because the other day we filled out a postcard to win a Mini Cooper. Then somebody calls us telling us we won a "Wellness Day" at this fitness center. At this point we already were suspicious, since when Jule said: "I filled out nothing." the person on the other end of the line said: "Whatever." So me and Jule go there yesterday nevertheless and of course it's just a plug for the fitness center.


This annoys me. Why would you do that? Can't you call people and tell them: "Look, you didn't win, but you might want to try out the studio, we'll give you a free tour and free XY"?? It annoyed me even more, because the guy who tried to sell us a contract kept asking us why we were there. Hello? Duh?? You called us to invite us. We have no reason whatsoever to be here. But at least we got to look at his face when he asked me for my fitness level and I checked 90%. That threw him off track. And we got to use the solarium. It was a studio that offered free solarium use - and I must say, all members looked like it. I almost didn't go because I have no intention of ending up like a wrinkly monkey. But I am cheap and so I did :)

No comments: