Wednesday, August 20, 2003

It's amazing how bathing cheers you up. In a relaxing sort of way. I mean, if I am really distressed, I'd rather take a shower - it feels like cleaning your head when you're running water over it. But for relaxing you can't beat a bath. Especially if you have the "Yellow Spirit Lifter" by Body Shop. Got it for my birthday, which also was a Happy Occasion, so that works out fine.

Could have generated more foam, though. I like foam, though I also like to read in the tub and foam kind of gets in your way. I usually drop my book in the water, too. I'm sorry to report that I haven't been reading any new book, but am back in my Terry Pratchett mood. Guards phase, if you want to know (I am reading them in cycles).

I've been thinking that I want to preface my paper with a ficticious quote for shits 'n giggles - it has tortured me enough, now I'd like to torture it back. If you know anything that could be useful, please drop me a line. It has to be (roughly) about customer complaints and innovation. Best would be if it was from somebody whose name is rather inconspicuous and even better if it was taken from a book that could pass as a reference book. Much to consider, I know, which is why I am asking if such a quote happened to cross your patch. Me, I am thinking along the lines of Havelock Vetinari (who sounds impressive but is not too well known and is a fountain of wisdom if you ask me). Might have said something about innovation in the context of the da Quirm business, but I don't particularly like the Leonard da Quirm bits and usually skip over them rather quickly.

Then again, I never liked the Watch much and am now an avid fan of Commander Vimes. I am so looking forward to this, cheap bitch that I am I didn't get the hardcover. On the other hand, I do like my paperbacks all nice and neat in a row - I hate the ones that stick out because they are the ugly-as-hell American editions. If you really like me and want to get me a present (and who doesn't), and don't want to wait until October 1st, you could always get me The Wee Free Men.

And if you're feeling frisky for yourself, you might get Amazing Maurice which is touted as a children's novel but nevermind. Also supposedly a children's novel: Coraline. I couldn't sleep for two days after I read it. Then again, Neil Gaiman says kids are amused and excited by it, it's just adults who are creeped out. Haven't tested it on any kids, so I can't really tell.

No comments: