Saturday, August 23, 2003

Went to the movies today - got the last seat in an otherwise sold out house (Sneak Preview). Upstairs on the balcony, too. Next to me, there was a single empty seat (which was to be filled, as I knew). So I waited... if this was a novel, something exciting would happen. The air was brimming with unfulfilled promises, so to speak. Then a guy came and sat there, and I saw the movie and went home. Novels, it seems, don't take place very often.

Film was rather unexciting, too. Hollywood Homicide with Harrison Ford in his usual "I am not Indiana Jones anymore but still kinda cute and my hair sticks off in funny angles" mode and Josh "sexy toy boy my ass" Hartnett. And with plot holes as large as the Grand Canyon. Whatever, it was kind of enjoyable - dumb cop movie, what will you expect. (Much more than you could say of LXG, at least. Shortly I was really worried that was what we were going to see). Even one line I laughed at: *Josh Hartnett is doing some kind of Yoga shtick (don't ask)* Rotten to the Core Cop: "What's he doing?" Female Cop who's doing Rotten to the Core Cop's bidding: "He's Omming."

Omming. Hehe.

What else? The Friedenheimer Brücke is kind of toast. Special pictures by Eyewitness-Marco. Smells like smoke outside, even though it's a couple of blocks away. Fire engines were just leaving when I came home. So I guess not a good night for the owner of a certain warehouse, the cops and the fire department.

No comments: