Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Strange Urges

Just now, I really would like to smoke a cigarette. No reason, really. Strange. Sometimes I just feel like it. Most people tell you that you need to skip situations where you used to smoke i.e. stop drinking coffee or don't go out. I never had that problem. At the beginning I got urges when I was stressed out, but then that faded. Meanwhile it's just now and then that I have the feeling I'd like to smoke.

The cats - apparently in the throes of a similar urge - are tearing wallpaper off the wall.

Summer Pain

Did I mention I don't have a single pair of summer shoes that doesn't instantly cripple my feet and generates huge blisters? No, I did not. Well, I do. Don't, that is. Why is that? Does anybody have fitting summer shoes? Other women don't seem to limp around cursing their shoes the whole day. Maybe they're just good at pretending.

Footie bit (I like the word "footie")

Arsenal fans are strange people. Look at the name of their website. I've always liked Arsenal, I don't really know why. Might have to do with the fact I like Fever Pitch, the book as well as the film (though I wonder why Colin Firth doesn't get top billing). I'm just not really a ManU type of person (though I do receive the odd e-mail from Sir Alex Ferguson, I must admit.)

Bacall and Bogart it ain't

Neil Gaiman had this link to the Rotten Tomatoes website on his blog today. It's a review of Gigli, the new Affleck / Lopez venture. Do I hear retching sounds? If Affleck / Lopez stimulates your gag reflex, you might want to look at the reviews - they're hilarious. Maybe one should even go see the movie. With lots of alcohol and in the right mind it could be quite a lot of fun, I guess. Or as quoth JLo: "Turkey time, gobble, gobble..."

No comments: