Friday, January 09, 2004

Sometimes I feel really braindead. Yesterday I kept hearing this song on Virgin and I thought: "Hey, mee-sa like-um dis song" but I couldn't find out its name as the info thingie didn't work. Complained about it in the evening. Being questioned about the song all I could come up with was: "Um...I don't really remember the lyrics. It was kind of sad. And there were guitars."

Well. Today I heard it again, perked up - and

a) There's not a single guitar. In fact, there's ONLY the singer and a piano.
b) When I listened to the text, it sounded rather familiar. And that's because
c) I downloaded it off the internet a week ago!!!!! And listened to it numerous times!!!! And did some research about it!!!! And participated in a thread about it on a message board!!!

(In case you were wondering, it's the No. 1 Christmas single in the UK: MAD WORLD by MICHAEL ANDREWS FT GARY JULES, if that sounds familiar, it's also a Tears for Fears cover.)

That means I can't even remember what happened a week ago. Can you say: Putz! Can you say: Duh! Can you say: Someone please shoot me before I can't remember where I live anymore.

No comments: