Friday, December 13, 2002

Since Ulisch is daily trying to comment on my blog (and only halfway succeeding most of the time) I invited her to share my blog..so if you see strange posts, it might just be hers :))

Regarding yesterday's comments she is probably right. You need something other than matching interests etc. I'm just saying that given the right circumstances, it's just coincidence/fate/strange things happening/insert right term here who you end up with.

And I still am convinced that it is much easier keeping up a conversation if mutual interest has been established (5 Mark ins Phrasenschwein).

Still, fate is a funny thing. What if...

  • you hadn't been on holiday while your friends met a guy who invited them to an interview for the job you had been wanting to do all your life

  • you hadn't accepted the invitation to the party where you normally would not have gone but ended up meeting your boyfriend
  • you hadn't stopped to put your laundry into the washing machine before you went to the Oktoberfest with the express purpose of riding the roller coaster that crashed the moment you got there


    What ifs can turn out either way... mostly you ponder the what ifs that turn out badly (in your opinion, it might just be that those what ifs really were good what ifs but you did not see at the time) So it's probably not a good thing to worry about them a lot, but in some cases it's fun. I always liked "What if..." threads in movies or comic books.

    Which reminds me that it's christmas time and "It's a wonderful life" will not be shown on German TV...damn!! Which in turn reminds me that I really want to see the film A Christmas Story again...really funny but nobody else seems to know it.


    And back to the "Shut up and look pretty" topic...my roommate insisted that you take a look at Sark here.

  • No comments: