Thursday, January 23, 2003

Boy, was I scared today when my computer crashed and would not let itself be reset...Half an hour later it started beeping incessantly and would not shut up...Another 15 minutes later luckily I located the missing boot disk and was able to get it going again. Phew.

Stupid me!! Save Early, Save Often!! Make Backup Copies of Everything!! (which I did right away).


But today was not a good day for me and technical devices. Our hall light is not working anymore and it's completely dark outside. The DVD player in the kitchen crashed in the middle of my brand new Gosford Park DVD (I had ordered two, one has arrived so far). Then my monitor winked out again and took a lot of coaxing to work again. Maybe today is the day to stay at home and especially stay the hell away from my car because that'll be expensive to fix...

No comments: