Tuesday, February 11, 2003

It's one of those days where I got up but never woke up. Sleepwalked through the day. I don't know why...I just feel exhausted. Maybe it's lack of vitamins. Need to be more constant in my vitamin B intake. Stupid thyroid. Wherever it might be. Stupid genes for causing all that trouble...ah well, I guess it's still one of the better auto immune deficiencies to have, all things considered. At least my pancreas is still doing its job (knock on wood).


What else? How about a list of Dangerous Things


  • Smoking. It's not only dangerous for your health, but also dangerous for your furniture! (Burnt a hole into our couch today, ouch)
  • Commercials. They can worm their way into your brain and you'll never be able to get them out again (I mentioned it today and I'll be singing the "Zuladiknö" song the whole evening now. You Munich residents know what I'm talking about)
  • The internet. You get sucked in and never come out again. Like quicksand. Or a vortex. Online Mah-Jongg anyone?
  • Noodles. Or am I the only person who can never stop eating them and then feels like a big balloon? It's dangerous food, I'm telling ya!
  • Hairdressers. Hm. Maybe they're not Dangerous but Evil Things. At least I never escape them unscathed. But I really need to go...
  • Books. Had to spend three hours in the tub because I wanted to finish my book before getting out. And let's not get started on all the subway stops I missed because I had my nose stuck in one.
  • Remote Controls. Those days of your lives that you lost stuck on the couch, hypnotised by flipping through the channels...just wouldn't be the same if you'd have to get up every time.


This reminds me of Another list: Movies that lost you hours of your life you'll never get back


  • Footloose. Why I watched the whole damn thing I'll never know. But I did.
  • Age of Innocence. One of the two movies I ever walked out on. After two hours of nothing happening. (Note: The other one was We Were Soldiers but I left that after 15 minutes, so it doesn't count here.)
  • Forrest Gump. By the end of that movie my IQ had dropped about 100 points.
  • Waterworld. Or any movie over two hours with Kevin Costner for that matter.
  • The River Wild. Strike two for Kevin Bacon.
  • The Piano. Full frontal nudity of Harvey Keitel. Whoever wanted to see that?
  • Mission Impossible II. OOHHHH...It's NOT Tom Cruise!! It's a mask!!! Who'd have thought???
  • The Phantom Menace. Meesa think George Lukas shoulda apologise.
  • Armageddon. Ben Affleck in slow motion. My toenails still curl up when I think about that.
  • Lord of Illusions. Actually, what can you expect, but I remember throwing M&Ms up in the air trying to catch them with my mouth during that movie, so I thought I'd include it here.
  • Good Will Hunting. Pretentious drivel. Strike two for Ben Affleck. Actually Strike one but I've got no chronological order here as you may have noticed.
  • Let me not get started on movies starring Robin Williams. Too many...too many....(shakes head sadly) aaaaaand you're OUT!

I'll stop this list here, I guess. There's just not enough space here...if you feel you would like to contribute something, hey, you can always comment :)

No comments: