Friday, February 14, 2003

It's Valentine's Day but who cares. At least I'm invited to dinner. At my friend's house with three other girls, but at least I'm invited somewhere :) Not that I ever put great emphasis on Valentine's. It's just that I like getting flowers but have never been given any. Hence, Valentine's would have presented a lovely opportunity for my boyfriends. However, all they gave me was the opportunity of presenting to you some of my favourite Valentine's Day - Non - Observer - Excuses:

  • "It's just an invention of flower sellers and chocolate makers. One big conspiracy to get at my money. I'm just not playing along to the corporate establishment!" (Yep, that's the reason for sure)
  • "It's not a custom in MY country..." (But we are not in your country)
  • "Why does this day have to be special...at least we are in love and I could give you flowers any day." (If you HAD given me flowers any day, I'd certainly not be clamoring for valentines now)


At least my stomach isn't acting up as much as it did yesterday. I guess you have to be grateful for the little things in life. And on Tuesday I am going to Berlin for three days which should be fun. I'm planning to see the Zwan concert...we have no tickets as of yet, but I think they are probably not sold out as there are still some available on the internet.


What bugs me is the money problem. I was planning on going snowboarding for a week on the 22nd, but today my Mom called and told me I had forgotten to pay my car insurance which is a lot of money. Now my conscience is acting up and telling me I really can't afford to go on holiday..without a job and everything. I'll have to think about it :((((

No comments: