Monday, July 21, 2003

A Honest Mistake?

Yesterday I submitted my blog to a weblog directory cause I thought "why not spread the fame?". They had all sorts of rules and regulations (I even had to fill out a quiz about them) for the blog description, but of course I couldn't be arsed (I like the expression) to actually bother about them. So I just wrote like always: "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." (Why be original? is my motto, too). Today I got a mail that said: "Your description is not adequate, so we changed it. You need to include a verb, it needs to be a sentence, yadda, yadda, yadda." So I look at their description and what does it say???

"Read about a young man and his quest for life, liberty and the pursuit of meat."

Huh??? What the ... ??? I mean, they apparently did look at the blog because of the meat thingy, but hello!!! Look at my picture!!! Do I look like a young man?? (Don't answer that if you 're not inclined to answer in the negative.)

But I actually like the "pursuit of meat." Might include it in future descriptions of my weblog. Though it really isn't about meat. But it could be...

Other than that, pretty eventless day, though I was highly active, I must say. I worked on the paper, went to university, went to work, wrote a couple of overdue e-mails and even cleaned my room a bit (which is saying something). Tomorrow I am planning to (be still my heart) recycle. (Have taken a day off work to focus on the paper. So I'll get some housework done, I guess :)

No comments: