Monday, August 25, 2003

I am feeling slightly out of sorts today - I am guessing it's because of lack of sleep. It's amazing how you miss sleep if you do lots of physical training. Usually I have no trouble going on with two hours of sleep at night - I've done so occasionally for the last couple of months. But as soon as you're supposed to do something sports-like, the lack of sleep manifests itself in extreme tiredness. It's worst when I do my long runs on weekends. If I haven't slept well before there's no chance in hell I'll finish a long run. It's a weird feeling - my pulse is low, I am not really tired and could go on, but my body just refuses to continue and I feel like a steamroller squashed me, just really exhausted.

This exhausted feeling is really strange, too - in no way can I rest or sleep while totally exhausted. This week I'll have to cut back on my training (I am actually supposed to, so I guess that happens to everybody at this time) to gather some new energy to continue next week.

I really hope my insomnia is due to my paper and once I turn it in it'll abate somewhat. Also I'd really like the nightmares to stop. Maybe those about the paper? I'm so tense I have nightmares about everything now. Sometimes it's real nightmares like people pointing at me and laughing because I can't find something important. Sometimes it's one of those obsessive-compulsive dreams where I'm doing the same thing over and over and over again. Mostly things I've done the day before. Like trying to calculate things where I can't find the right answer. Or trying to find the right words for the paper. Or trying to assemble my football players differently (it's become so bad I had to stop visiting the hattrick.org page for a while and was thinking about abandoning the game altogether). Or writing the same e-mail over and over again. It's driving me crazy and does not contribute to alleviating my exhaustion.

No comments: