Tuesday, September 30, 2003

At least now I know why I am not feeling quite up to scratch. The bacteria (or whatever the plural is .. bacterii probably) that attacked me last week are apparently restistant to the antibiotics my doctor gave me, the little buggers. They have to be researched in a laboratory now. Until the results come in - Friday has been prognosed - they'll be frollicking in my bladder. Gallivanting. Tapdancing. Rejoicing. Or whatever it is a bacterium does in its free time. The only chance I have to subdue them is to flush them out. And I want to do that since I don't want them to get stuck in my kidneys (had a kidney infection once, and "fun" REALLY doesn't describe that). Hence, I am drinking gallons and gallons and gallons of fluid which amounts to oodles of time spent in the bathroom. At least that amounted to finally cleaning the bathroom - one wants to have the room nice and tidy where one spends the largest part of the day!

The only trouble I see brewing is my exam tomorrow. Apart from the fact that learning wasn't quite uninterrupted today (what with trips to the doctor AND to the bathroom), the exam takes 3 hours (I think - might be 4, but I think it's 3). Anyway, do you know how often I need to go to the bathroom in these three hours??? They'll accuse me of cheating. I'd try to call in sick if it wasn't my final exam, I want the damn thing gotten over with. Hm, at least I can blame any bad marks on my illness :))

Other than that strangely enough my mood has improved. Today I was even wandering through the apartment belting out tunes from Jesus Christ Superstar. Can't really say the cats liked it - which strenghtens my intention of applying for "Popstars" next year - they didn't like that either.

And while I was in a good mood I tended to my little online football team (told you learning wasn't uninterrupted). I bought a really cheap goalkeeper and his name is "Gandalf Schönberg". That improved my mood even more. Gandalf the Purple (he has to start low in the order) will keep my goal nice and clean. No Balrogs for you, Evil Other Team :)) Sorry, I couldn't resist mentioning it. I'll be going now trying to cram more information into my brain.

Oh, wait, speaking of brains... Did I mention the speaker of my stereo fell from its shelf onto my head yesterday? No, I didn't. The strange thing was - it didn't really hurt. I was wondering about that. It made a sort of *clunk* noise and then dropped onto the floor. At first I was waiting for the shock to subside and the pain to set in (you know how that happens sometimes), but it never did. So I am guessing that my head is completely empty, nothing in it that could hurt. Ulisch said it's the opposite: Too much information has made my head rock hard. Whatever theory is correct, it was a rather strange occurence. So much for that, but now back to the books, Batman!

No comments: