Friday, October 03, 2003

Ouch

The infection has spread to my kidneys now, so I am in quite a lot of pain as I write this and I will be until Monday when I can get antibiotics from my doctor. Ouch. So if the following doesn't seem coherent please forgive me.

First off, my computer apparently decided yesterday it doesn't want to venture into the world wide web anymore. Don't have the slightest idea why - I didn't really change anything or even work on it, it just doesn't do it. Strangely enough, the connection works - Kazaa is still working, only the internet browsers do not work anymore. Anybody know why that is?

Anyway. So I wanted to use the laptop (since that has decided to dip its toes into internet water once again - also rather randomly, I didn't do anything either). Turns out when dipping, it contracted the Blaster Virus. So I spent most of the afternoon / evening fixing the thing - which takes forever. Now everything seems alright.

Yesterday evening was a good one. Watched the Champions League game with Silke, Tinisch & Paul. Sadly (for him) and happily (for us), ManU lost and Stuttgart won. Well, in case ManU ever plays Bayern München during the tournament, I *will* cheer them (ManU, that is), I promise, but yesterday I had to be patriotic. And I discovered that playing with my Playstation is a lot more fun without the thought of an impending exam lingering in the back of your head. Well, I mostly did the watching and cheering thing, but that's what I am famous for :) and strangely enough I do enjoy that as much as playing myself. And especially when you drop off the metal runway for the umpteenth time it's such a relief to just hand the controller to somebody who actually controls the damn thing :)

In other news (boring recipe talk): My Tiramisu turned out pretty good - even though I did not use Marco's Supreme Tiramisu Recipe (mainly because I didn't know it existed). Please point me to it if you find the time, Marco and I promise I'll use it next time :))

Oh, and I ruined my parking karma, because I took somebody's parking space (I ranted about somebody doing that to me and now I am guilty, guilty, guilty.) Hm, thinking back to that incident makes me wonder whether I just evened out the karma. But at least I have the excuse that the incident happened when my kidneys started hurting and I just wanted to get home and second that I did not quite know he wanted to actually park. Yeah, yeah.

But since I never win anything, I probably should be entitled to some privileges. Boni? Whatever...good stuff. Yes. On the great balance of life, I want some stones put into the OTHER end of the scale. It's only fair. Then again, I read this: "If life was fair that would mean you DESERVED everything that happened to you." Yikes!

No comments: