Tuesday, September 09, 2003

My grey mood actually lifted somewhat when I went shopping. No, not because I got to spend money, I only went grocery shopping. But when I passed the restaurand at the corner it smelled like Bratwurst. And somewhat like roast almonds. Mix that up and voila! your brain immediately adds Glühwein. Christmas markets. I like Christmas markets. And so my mood improved and I was starting to look forward to it being winter. Not the fall part in between, I still don't like fall too much (if it's not Indian Summer, I like Indian Summer. Provisions, provisions, ifs and buts, that's me). Actually, it needs to be cold and snowy for me to enjoy winter, so there's also conditions to that. But since I'm only imagining at the moment I might as well imagine snow. Soon I'll start yammering about the Perfect ChristmasTM. No, I remember well I did that last year, you can read about it in the archives, if you really care or ask me in person, I've got it all figured out. For years. Like a yiddish mama planning her daughter's wedding, I'm planning the Perfect Christmas. (Seen too many episodes of The Nanny, I guess.)

Well, before I can even start thinking about Christmases, I'm trying to decide if I'm looking forward to go to the Oktoberfest. At the moment I am leaning heavily towards the negatory. But we'll see about that in two weeks. Two? I guess so.

No comments: