Saturday, December 21, 2002

OK. I just came back from the cinema. And I want to add one thing to my hate list:


Fucking Commentators.


You know what I mean? People who do not frigging stop commenting on the movie. "Wow, look at this!", "Yeah!", "That must have hurt!", "tsk, tsk, tsk"...I don't want to listen to your bullshit after waiting for the "Two Towers" for a year. At least they shut up when there was dialogue. I guess they did not speak much English. Quote: reading the subtitles "What's a falter?" Noooooooo....


It was a great movie, by the way (whenever I was able to concentrate on it). It has the same great cinematography as the first part (New Zealand rocks, too), CGI Gollum is really amazing (I almost cried at one of his scenes) and the battle scenes are awesome. There were a couple of "overdone" scenes like Gandalf's horse galloping towards him in slow motion like straight out of a Marlboro commercial, but oh well. The only thing that I really did not like were the Ents. Their design did not fit my inner picture of an Ent (much, much bigger), plus, there were some special effects that really did not compare to the rest of the movie and really looked like blue screen used to. Maybe it was blue screen.

But that wasn't too bad, so I would have thoroughly enjoyed the movie if it hadn't been for the assholes next to me. It's especially frustrating because there is nothing you can do about it. If somebody is heckling a movie I do not like it, either, but I can understand it (I have to admit that I've done that, too, but only if the movie reeeallly sucks aka "The River Wild"). But why comment? If you want to comment on something, go and direct your own movie and then you can do a director's commentary. Or go into journalism and comment on football games. Or fucking stay at home and fucking rent a DVD where nobody gives a fuck if you yak and yak and yak. Pardon my French here but I am really pissed off at those morons. Having said that, I sort of feel better (thank you all for listening :)

No comments: