Monday, April 21, 2003

Happy Easter, everyone!


Went to my parents yesterday for the annual Easter Sunday visit. Received a mop as a present. While thoughtful and well-needed it did not really convey the old Easter Bunny spirit. But I did get some eggs. Kinder eggs, mostly. Which led to George Harrison in our kitchen. And now I've got "I Got my Mind Set on You" in my ear again.


Then I played chess with Paul. I'd like to think that George distracted me and that's why I lost 4 out of my 5 chess games. Yes, that's what I'd LIKE to think. Usually it went something like this:


I move a piece. "Do you REALLY want to do that?"

I take the move back as it's really stupid.

The pressure is put on really subtly with "Don't worry, you can STILL WIN!!"

I start sweating a lot and ponder my next move indefinitely.

Paul loses several brain cells that die of boredom. Amuses himself with George Harrison. (On occasion sings loudly).

I get nervous and start moving pieces that should never have been moved.

"Naaaaaah!!!"

lose every valuable piece including the queen, am chased over the board and end up with my king and a couple of pawns.

Paul has fun cornering the king with two extra queens, a rook and a bishop.

Paul wins.



But it was fun anyway (I know that sounds paradox but you CAN have fun while playing chess). And I can stick to the George Harrison story for as long as I want to. But we also had about two thousand cups of tea...and while it's scientifically proven you can never drink too much coffee, you obviously CAN drink too much tea. I did not sleep very much and feel like something a big bear chewed on. Ha. A Big Brown Bear Chew Toy. And I am supposed to go out riding my bike with Jessi. Don't know if I feel up to it. But I guess I should.


No comments: