Thursday, April 24, 2003

Terrible Noise


I know I said I would disconnect the internet today so I could get some work done but I have to share with you that today they started working on our roof. Slide-Ka-BLAM. Slide-Ka-BLAM. Since 8 in the morning. I sincerely hope they will stop sometime around noon because I damn well can't concentrate with that noise. Now I'll make some espresso and wait for it to go away.The noise. Not the espresso.


Oleoleole


Now that I'm at it I might as well tell you that we saw a great football match yesterday. ManU won/lost (however you look at it) but when's the last time you got to see 7 goals in one match? Usually it's one goal then everybody starts milling about their own penalty zone looking bored. Was exciting, too, because ManU might just have made those extra goals they needed to stay in the Champions League. We blame it all on Alex Ferguson, or the lack of David Beckham ('ello, my name is David Beck'am) respectively. And please, join our quest for finding out where Stefan Effenberg lives and incapacitating his speech capability so we never have to listen to another one of his commentaries again.


Effenbergisms


"He's passing the ball to the middle, but he's not there to accept the ball"

Regarding a goal: "Sometimes the little things matter in a football game"

"The 3:2 reminds me of this other match where Real won 3:2"

"Well, ManU could still win but there's always Real to consider"


Plus, he looked like a zombie.

No comments: