Friday, September 19, 2003

Just got back my corrected paper and it looks like Moses would really enjoy it - a sea of red. Sigh. That's it for my weekend, I guess.

In other news, I saw Anna Lindh's funeral on the news today and was wondering what people would say at my funeral. I wonder how many people would turn up for a start. Probably not that many to begin with. Funerals usually are early, so that rules out most of my friends :) but usually food is served afterwards, which might entice some people to come (probably the main reason to serve food). I think I'd like to have a wake. Lay me on a bier and have some while you're at it (ha, ha, pun :).

I don't even have a will. Does anybody have one? I mean if you don't own large houses, boats and estates... Hereby I bequeath all my things to my cats, that sort of thing. Maybe we could have an open house afterwards where everybody who came to the funeral gets to pick some of my things to keep. Then again, there's not many things I own that anybody would want. But it's worth a try. To liven up the funeral (ha, ha, pun :) maybe a speech should be a requirement for subsequent open-house-attendance.

I wonder what would be said there. Anna Lindh had some good speeches. But there's really nothing one can say about me. I mean: "She almost finished university" doesn't quite have the ring it could. Oh, but I have it on authority of the chief editor at the SZ-Magazin: I am a pretty smart person. I have that in writing if anybody doubts it. (And I got a certificate that states I finished the riddle, too, by the way.) And I have the fast reading talent.

So:

She almost finished university, was a pretty smart person (says Jan Weiler) and able to read pretty fast. Rest in Peace, Monika.

Thank you. *sniff*

No comments: