Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Today I saw Punk'd for about five minutes. It's a show on MTV if you don't know it ... I certainly didn't. It's one of those "hidden camera" shows. I saw the ending, and I was wondering ... those shows always work on the premise that at the end the host says: "Ha, ha, you're on Candid Camera!" and the guest goes: "Goshdarnit, stupid me!" But that always assumes the guest knows what the hell you're talking about. If one of those MTV idiots had framed me with something and then said: "Hey, Mon, you've been Punk'd!" I'd have yelled: "And I'll get Heavy Metal on your ass!" and kicked him in the - well wherever it hurt a lot - in the parking lot, maybe.

Then they'd have to show me the camera and drag me off him kicking and screaming. Well, I guess it still would be fun for the viewer. But I am wondering so many people know what the hosts are talking about. Maybe they're just faking. "Stupid thing happened to me, idiot said: 'Ha, ha, you've been on ', so it must be one of those Hidden Camera Shows. I'll just nod, smile and go: 'Oh man, I've been so stupid.'"

I saw Popstars, too, and just want to remark I've never seen so many people who can't sing but pretend to. I mean I can't sing either but that's why I'm not up on stage yelling into a microphone. And they are so over the top while they're "singing". I mean they have tremolo in their voices and vacillate all over the place, up and down and back up again, but can they hold a single note? No. My cats looked at them rather sternly. I guess they'd be able to sound much better if they tried hard enough.

Other than that, it came to my attention today that I have missed my blogiversary. I started this blog some time in July, I think so I guess I should have celebrated! Oh well..maybe if this thing is still running next year I'll throw confetti :)

No comments: